Thursday, October 16, 2014

16 OCT 2014, WORD4ALL: NEW COVENANT

NEW COVENANT

(Hebrews 8:8, 10-13 NLT)

But when God found fault with the people, He said:
# “The day is coming, says the lord , when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah.

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the lord :
# I will put my laws in their minds, and
# I will write them on their hearts.
# I will be their God, and they will be my people.
# And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the lord.’
# For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already.
# And I will forgive their wickedness, and
# I will never again remember their sins.”

When God speaks of a “new” covenant, it means He has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment